• January 1 and 2 - New Year
• January 29 - Chinese Spring Festival
• February 1 - Abolition of Slavery
• February 11 - Thaipoosam Cavadee
• February 26 - Maha Shivratree
• March 12 - National Day
• March 30 - Ougadi
• May 1 - Labour Day
• August 15 - Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
• August 29 - Ganesh Chathurthi
• October 21 - Divali
• October 24 - Eid-Ul-Fitr*
• November 2 - Arrival of Indentured Labourers
• December 25 - Christmas
* The exact date of this festival is subject to confirmation as its celebration depends on the visibility of the moon
• Thaipoosam Cavadee, a festival which is an expression of devotion to Lord Subramaniam, the Son of Shiva, Granter of Wishes.
• Maha Shivaratree, "The Great Night of Siva", when the Hindus in Mauritius take a yearly pilgrimage to their holy lake, Grand Bassin.
• Ougadi is the Telegu New Year.
• Ganesh Chathurthi is celebrated for Lord Ganesh, the younger son of Shiva. It is known to be a deity who protects people from obstacles in their lives
• Divali is the festival of light, joy and good fortune for everyone.
• Eid-Ul-Fitr is celebrated to mark the end of Ramadhan, the Muslim holy month of fasting.